• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I stop my contacts appearing multiple times when I search?

ship69

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Hello

How do I stop each of my Contacts appearing multiple times when I search?

If I go Contacts ==> and then scroll up and down, each contact only appears once.
However, as soon as I search for a name in the search bar every contact appears at least twice, sometimes three or four times! Nightmare.

Any help gratefully received.

J

P.S. I have gone into Contacts ==> menu button ==> Settings ==> Contacts ==> Contacts to display ==> only the MS Exchange icon with my email address written beside it is ticked.

Last edited:
Since you're tied to a MS Exchange server there are some sticky issues going in in the background. MS Exchange prior to 2007 used to be fully compatible with the industry common WebDAV protocol. But as of2010 or so Microsoft migrated away from WebDAV in favor of it's own proprietary Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). So at this point getting an Exchange service working on Android might take a little more work than just using a typical IMAP or POP3 based mail service.

It sounds like things are kind of messy with your Contacts right now, on your Note 3 I'd turn off your Contacts syncing temporarily, then get on a computer and using Outlook, or whichever mail client program you're using, check/clean up your Contacts so all is well with your data on the Exchange server. Read through the following to get things linked to and working in Outlook.com so you can then set up Contacts syncing on your Note:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/syncing-outlook-with-an-android-smartphone/

Reactions: amarie82
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones