1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I stop my contacts appearing multiple times when I search?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ship69, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ship69

ship69 Well-Known Member

Hello

How do I stop each of my Contacts appearing multiple times when I search?

If I go Contacts ==> and then scroll up and down, each contact only appears once.
    However, as soon as I search for a name in the search bar every contact appears at least twice, sometimes three or four times! Nightmare.

Any help gratefully received.

J

P.S. I have gone into Contacts ==> menu button ==> Settings ==> Contacts ==> Contacts to display ==> only the MS Exchange icon with my email address written beside it is ticked.

#1 ship69, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ship69

ship69 Well-Known Member

3. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Do you have your contacts synced to anything else like gmail or any other apps?

4. ship69

ship69 Well-Known Member

TBH, I'm not completely sure. I tried to stop it syncing but I'm not 100% sure I succeeded. How can I find out?

5. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

I would check out your settings and sync settings

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Since you're tied to a MS Exchange server there are some sticky issues going in in the background. MS Exchange prior to 2007 used to be fully compatible with the industry common WebDAV protocol. But as of2010 or so Microsoft migrated away from WebDAV in favor of it's own proprietary Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). So at this point getting an Exchange service working on Android might take a little more work than just using a typical IMAP or POP3 based mail service.

It sounds like things are kind of messy with your Contacts right now, on your Note 3 I'd turn off your Contacts syncing temporarily, then get on a computer and using Outlook, or whichever mail client program you're using, check/clean up your Contacts so all is well with your data on the Exchange server. Read through the following to get things linked to and working in Outlook.com so you can then set up Contacts syncing on your Note:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/syncing-outlook-with-an-android-smartphone/

amarie82 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews