• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i stop new text messages received go into email inbox?

Hi
I'm a newbie to the Galaxy S2, loving the phone, but if I recieve a text message it keeps appearing in my work email in-box which I've synced to the s2.
How do I stop this? All help appreciated :)
Cabrey

I assume you are using outlook exchange for your work email?
If so, there is a setting within the account for the outlook exchange account on the phone to sync sms messages. Un tick that and the messages should stop going into your work email.

Upvote 0
I assume you are using outlook exchange for your work email?
If so, there is a setting within the account for the outlook exchange account on the phone to sync sms messages. Un tick that and the messages should stop going into your work email.

What about the ones that WERE already sync'd? Do they stay on the server? They don't show in my inbox, but when I delete an actual email they pop up. How do I find them...I HAVE TO DELETE THEM!!!

Upvote 0
Hi
I'm a newbie to the Galaxy S2, loving the phone, but if I recieve a text message it keeps appearing in my work email in-box which I've synced to the s2.
How do I stop this? All help appreciated :)
Cabrey

Same situation on a Samsung Galaxy s3 synced to our office
Exchange Server.

My solution:
press "Email" icon
press Menu button
scroll menu to bottom and press "Settings"

press your exchange account to open settings for the account
scroll to the bottom and look for "Sync SMS"
uncheck "Sync SMS"
"Changing SMS settings" will flash briefly
back out of the settings or press the home button and you should be done. Worked for me.
I had some screen shot links to post, but new users are not
allowed to post links or images. Perhaps at a later date...

-Chmeee

Upvote 0
Same situation on a Samsung Galaxy s3 synced to our office
Exchange Server.

My solution:
press "Email" icon
press Menu button
scroll menu to bottom and press "Settings"

press your exchange account to open settings for the account
scroll to the bottom and look for "Sync SMS"
uncheck "Sync SMS"
"Changing SMS settings" will flash briefly
back out of the settings or press the home button and you should be done. Worked for me.
I had some screen shot links to post, but new users are not
allowed to post links or images. Perhaps at a later date...

-Chmeee

So on my SII I
press Menu button
scroll menu to bottom and there is no "Settings"
I try on "Account settings" but I only see "General preferences" no SMS.
I try on "Sync options" and only see "Peak sched..", "Off Peak.." "Period to sync email". And that is is!!!
This only started happening recently. If I go to accounts I get the same screens. Please HELP!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones