• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do I switch applications?

mikey15

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
OK, here is my dislike about this phone. I switched to the Evo cause my DH was obsessed with getting one. :p I had a Blackberry for the last 2 years and one of the things I liked about the phone was ie: If I was on a call and needed to get a phone number for someone, I could put the phone on speaker, switch applications and access my address book, find the number and then go back to the phone screen. It also worked with any other application I wanted to view while on the phone. It seems that the Evo is not capable of this function.
Not sure if this was the right thread to post on but figured I'd try it.

The other down side to the Evo is not having the cut and paste function. Or, is it that I just don't know how to do this yet. :thinking:

Thanks!

To switch apps whlile using the phone or not you can either just hit your home key and then app launcher. Or if its a program you were using like email and you want to read something to someone on the phone you can hold down your "HOME" key and it will show you a popup of the last 6 programs you've used or have open. Then just hold it down to get the popup to switch back to phone.

Reactions: mikey15
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones