• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I sync only a specific contact group (outlook)?

Paul Fister

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S, I use it for my business (where I have over 1000 contacts in my contacts list). I would like to sync my Outlook contacts with my phone, but only the folder labelled "Private".

Is this possible?
If so, how?

Sorry for the trouble, I had no idea how to google such a thing..
Thanks,
Paul Fister.

Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S, I use it for my business (where I have over 1000 contacts in my contacts list). I would like to sync my Outlook contacts with my phone, but only the folder labelled "Private".

Is this possible?
If so, how?

Sorry for the trouble, I had no idea how to google such a thing..
Thanks,
Paul Fister.

Import everything to gmail/google contacts. Set your phone to save everything to gmail (you can even install a plugin to auto sync your outlook with gmail).

Once everything is in gmail, you don't need to worry about backups anymore, plus you can assign 'labels' and there's an option built into the phonebook, Menu>More>Display Options>Choose a contact to display, where you can select the contacts you want to show.

There might be an option for you for exchange/outlook support, but I prefer everything synced online so I don't know how it would work for you. Something similar maybe? Hunt around in that menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones