• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I take care of a spare phone

Keep only the necessary apps that you use on the spare phone and update them once in a while.

Turn on the spare phone once in a while. I once let a (spare) phone sit without turning it on and didn't charge it and it bricked. (It was rooted so I was able to revive it by restoring a nandroid backup)

I am presently using my spare phone as a house phone by using T-Mobile's Digits app.

Use it as a spare media player. I use mine around the house. Watching netflix or listening to Spotify. Why wear out the battery on the primary phone when you have a spare! LOL

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Wow, great tips. I guess I'll find some use for it so it won't just sit in the drawer turned off as it was. I love this phone and wish I could use both my phones.
Damn this SIM system I hate it!!!

Usually with the SIM system you can do exactly that, just swap the SIM between the phones that you want to use for the day. Are you on a restrictive CDMA carrier, like Verizon or Sprint or something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones