1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how do I track my kids

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    how do I track my kids

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Buy a cellphone account. Buy the phones. Put in the gmail addresses and passwords. Let the kids use the phones. You can always find out where they are (or where they were when they turned the phone off) with Android Device Manager - locate your phone But kids these days know how to change passwords and email accounts. The only sure way is 14 gauge steel aircraft cable, used as a leash.

You do the best you can, then you hope, wish, pray, burn a sacrificial goat or whatever your beliefs are, that you did it right. There's no manual issued with these things.

It's legal to do that with your own phone (even if one of your kids is always the one who uses it). It's illegal (Gitmo-type-illegal) to do something like that to a phone you don't own, unless your badge has 3 letters on it, "US Government" somewhere on it, and your director is really good friends with a federal judge. (Drug smugglers use this technology to keep track of "mules", so that's the first thing they'll think of charging you with. And once you get into the system, but your paperwork doesn't ... it's okay, they still feed the "unknown" prisoners.) It doesn't matter if you signed for financial responsibility. It doesn't matter if you wrote the check. If it's the kid's phone, it's illegal for you to trace it without the kid's written permission.

Parents have certain rights. Not only that, they have certain responsibilities. (I'm not talking out of my hat - my little ones' little ones are adults. "Dad, can I have the keys to the car" the first time is terrifying. I've been there, and have the holes in my heart to prove it.) But breaking federal law doesn't accept any of that as an excuse. Even if the judge has grandkids.