• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I transfer Contacts from Palm Centro to Samsung Captivate

dgray

Jul 20, 2010
I have researched a few posts similar to mine, but I think my situation may be slightly different:

When I went to the store to get the Captivate, they said they could not move the contacts from my old Palm Centro to the new Captivate, but they could save the contacts (at least some of them) to the SIM card and then move the SIM card to the Captivate. They did this, however, this resulted in only 1 phone entry and 1 email entry per contact to be transferred to the Captivate.

So my question is :

- how do I fix this so I have ALL the contact information transferred from Palm Centro/Desktop to the Captivate - i.e. I want the multiple phone numbers, email ids and work/home address information to be properly transferred to the Captivate.

- Do I first need to delete the contacts on the Captivate?

I would appreciate any help here.

I have researched a few posts similar to mine, but I think my situation may be slightly different:

When I went to the store to get the Captivate, they said they could not move the contacts from my old Palm Centro to the new Captivate, but they could save the contacts (at least some of them) to the SIM card and then move the SIM card to the Captivate. They did this, however, this resulted in only 1 phone entry and 1 email entry per contact to be transferred to the Captivate.

So my question is :

- how do I fix this so I have ALL the contact information transferred from Palm Centro/Desktop to the Captivate - i.e. I want the multiple phone numbers, email ids and work/home address information to be properly transferred to the Captivate.

- Do I first need to delete the contacts on the Captivate?

I would appreciate any help here.

I would hope you've already found your solution, but for anyone searching, I just found this comprehensive post (2nd one down).

LINK:
Need to export my Palm Desktop contacts, calendar, memos to new Droid and Droid Eris? Can you help? - Google Mobile Help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones