Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericreinhardt, Mar 23, 2012.
Hi just purchased a 32 gb card and was wondering how I can transfer from my old card to new.
Make a back up file on your phone with your music and copy everything to that file. Take the card out and insert the new one. Copy and paste all those files to your new card. Or plug up your phone and do the same thing via PC. Might be faster that way.
1. Power down the cell phone, remove the 16gb card.
2. Insert the 16gb card into your home pc and copy all the info into a designated folder. Remove card.
3. Insert the new 32gb card into your pc, RENAME the card, name it "MOTO", which is what the 16gb card is named.
4. Copy and paste all the stuff you had on the 16gb card from your pc onto the 32gb card. Remove card.
5. Insert the 32gb card into the cell phone. Power up the phone.
It will pick up the 32gb flawlessly, at least it did for me.
If your PC doesn't have a card reader, drag content to folder on computer, put new card in phone, drag content back to phone. Better yet, set up Motocast if u live in 4G area. I have access to about 200 gig of media thanks to Motocast. Helps to have a grandfathered account tho.