• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I transfer old Droid Apps saved info to new Droid??

bimerguy

Nov 1, 2009
I have to replace my Droid for a screen problem and would like to know how I transfer/copy all my existing App's settings, saved info. to the new Droid to have all the saved pref. locations, configs, etc. already on my new Droid w/o having to re-enter all of them...I have over 10 Apps this would help with including all my Google recents searches, maps, Locale, bookmarks, etc.

Are these already on my SD Card and I can simply swap SD Cards from Orig Droid to New and re-download and the info will be there or what?

Thanks fo rall the help!

Reactions: bball4
there are quite a few apps for backing up various tings from texts, bookmarks, and sms's to apps. most free apps can be backup up using 'app manager free', 'astro file manager', or another... not sure if it actually backs up their settings, or just puts the apk on your sd card. paid apps should show up in app managers downloads area, you'll just have to reinstall.

i'd be interested to know how to back up my 'locale' app settings too.

apps aren't stored on the sd itself, though some do save data there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones