1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how do i transfer photos and ringtones from eris to incredible 2

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zookeeper5683, Jun 16, 2011.

1. zookeeper5683

zookeeper5683 Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    hi... i'm replacing my eris with an incredible 2 and want to know if anyone can tell me how to transfer my photos and ringtones from the eris to the incredible2. i'm a bit of a tech bozo so if you know how to do this and will share your knowledge, please be real specific. THANKS!!!

Advertisement

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Welcome to the Android Forums. It all depends on how you wanted to do it. The easiest way would be to take the SD card out of your Eris and put it into your Incredible 2. If you don't plan on using the same micro sd card you would need to plug your eris into the computer and turn on USB storage. After that open up the SD card folder your photos should be in the SDcard/DCIM folder and all you would need to do is drag and drop them to save them to your computer and drag and drop them into the same folder on your Incredible 2 SDcard. The same process goes for the ringtones except they should be located in the Sdcard/Media folder.

This should move them, but it may not sync all of your photos and ringtones if they were saved on a different place in your SDcard.

That's why the most quick and painless way would be to just use the SDcard from your Eris in your Incredible 2.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to AndroidForums, zookeeper!

Congrats on your upgrade! I still have my Eris...love that little guy... It was/is a great first smartphone for me.

Cheers!