1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I turn off annoying Bluetooth requests with paired devices?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mike710_0, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mike710_0

mike710_0 Well-Known Member

Can't figure this out

On my old Nokia when I paired another phone I could automatically accept any future files being sent/received

Can't find this option on my galaxy though which is annoying. I've paired the 2 phones but every time I send a file the other phone says do you want to accept file

How can I turn this off so the file goes straight to the other phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think thats just the way android works mate. I hate how bluetooth times out as well :thumbdown:

mike710_0 likes this.
  3. mike710_0

Yeah think your right

Can't find answer anywhere. Sad really as all it would need is a 'trust device' tick box next to the other phone

That's how it was on Nokia phones. Can't complain really as the galaxy s3 is a far far better phone than any Nokia phone I've had

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah i remember older phones doing it. Im guessing its only when connecting to another phone though? surely people using bt handsfree kits dont have to accept the connection each time?

I remember the days when everyone would leave their bluetooth on and you could sit in the pub or on the train and send pics and messages to strangers. That was cool :)

5. mike710_0

It's only a problem when sending from a phone to another phone or tablet. On old Nokia's when a phone was paired you could then simply set it add 'authorised' so any following file transfers would simply get sent without ever bring asked again

I have a Pioneer double din stereo and the galaxy world great by Bluetooth

Don't suppose you ever hear of a phone virus called 'caribe'?

It was Bluetooth related. I got it on my phone one day (without releasing), then following day I was at a music concert, I turned my Bluetooth on and EVERYBODYS phone in Bluetooth range went off lol it was nuts. I only noticed following day it was my phone that caused it. Must have been at least 60 phones go off as the Bluetooth search I did for my mate was going on for over 10 minutes

Was very easy removing the virus

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews