1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support How do I turn the notification led on in jb 4.1.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gunnyj64, Jul 27, 2013.

1. gunnyj64

gunnyj64 Lurker

I have been wondering how to turn the notification led on for my s2 that is running 4.1.2 unrooted

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums gunnyj64! :)

The answer to that question is easy, the Samsung Galaxy S2 does not have an LED notification light.

There is, for rooted phones, a work around that involves installing a BLN, (Back Light Notification), kernel such as Siyah or Dorimanx, see the All Things Root section of this forum, that will then use the two soft keys as LED notification...

BLN Control - YouTube

The other answer is NoLED from the Play Store but some S2 users have encountered problems using this.

gunnyj64 likes this.
  3. gunnyj64

gunnyj64 Lurker

That's disappointing cause it looks like there is one and I have also read that there is meant to be one when charging but that might of been wrong or a different phone. thanks for your help though

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

You're likely mistaking the proximity and/or ambient light sensor for an LED. It's an easy mistake as the S2 was one of the very few handsets not to have a notification LED.

Probably the latter; the S2 shows a graphical representation of the charging battery when powered off, and the default "charging" battery notification icon when on.