• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I un-root???

It'll definitely undo everything software related. Hell I even erased my MEID/pESN with it by accident and had to send it into LG Support (note below).

Just keep in mind that USB Debugging should NOT be enabled using LG Updater. It may crash with an error crippling your phone. It can still be recovered, but the process will get even longer. Though we do now have a way to restore pESN without warranty service.

Reactions: ginji_ban07
Upvote 0
I didnt feel like doing a new thread for this. So I will explain here how to unroot or go back to stock mode.
First make sure you have LGNPTS installed (Go here and follow the guide until the step where you need to select the .bin file)

Open LGNPST and make sure that you are under Provision > Upgrade. Then choose the .prl and the .scr files from the guide to their destination just as the above guide says it.
Then download this FILE, extract it and select it as the .bin file.

Click START you will need your spc code just look in the guide above to get it.

Let the process gets to 100% and your phone will be back to stock mode.

Hope this helps guys :)

Upvote 0
joneidy....THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I was easily able to root my phone with Gingerbreak but I'm guessing I removed more then I should have because I could not get any updates or apps from the market and continued to get "android.proccess.media" errors no matter what I did. Seems like I tried everything from formatting and swapping out the sdcard to deleting all my apps, etc... but rolling back to the original rom seems to have done the trick... now I'm off to rooting it again :eek:)

Upvote 0
joneidy....THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I was easily able to root my phone with Gingerbreak but I'm guessing I removed more then I should have because I could not get any updates or apps from the market and continued to get "android.proccess.media" errors no matter what I did. Seems like I tried everything from formatting and swapping out the sdcard to deleting all my apps, etc... but rolling back to the original rom seems to have done the trick... now I'm off to rooting it again :eek:)
Use the list of safe apps sticky. Sounds like you deleted the Metro Browser. It's required for the phone to function. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones