• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I UNINSTALL the wifi widget

eLarelie

Lurker
Jan 9, 2013
I have an HTC EVO 4G for my daughter. I wud ike to be able to block the wifi on the phone so that i may enable it when i wish. I downloaded an app lock and i am able to block apps and settings etc. However, i noticed that once i locked the apps and the settings app - i am still able to long press on the home screen and add a wifi widget to turn on the wifi. How can i stop this? I wud like to grant her access sometimes but not anytime she wishes. :thinking:

unfortunately as you are finding out you can just delete the wifi widget. you would have to root the phone to alter wifi as it is built into the system and can't be touched.

now there are some parental control apps out that might be ab;e to help you out.

one of them i came across is this one: Kids Place Parental Control

the app needs to be running in order for it to cancel wifi signals, however.

edit: sorry bad link. here it is Kids Place Parental Control

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones