• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do i unroot return to stock? samsung i5700

Hi i purchased a samsung galaxy portal I5700 (T-Mobile UK) pre owned. which seems to be running a custom firmware and has been rooted.

i just want to know if i can and if yes how to return it to stock, so that i can update to the official firmware when released, currently the phone seems very sluggish and sometimes very unresponsive with the firmware it has.

when i go to about phone it states:

Firmware version 2.1-Update1
Baseband version: i570EXXJD1
Kernel Version 2.6.29root@SE-S608 #2
Build number@ ECLAIR.XXJE1

Thanks

Did you use Odin firmware flash method, and if so what firmware version did you use?

Check out my root guide on how to install the latest JH6 firmware. This should install standard boot screen.

Failing that you can try info from this thread.

how-create-custom-bootlogo-bootanimation

Hi Beerkan - yes i used odin to flash the firmware but i kept my 3 network software as im told i need this for things to work correctly, I used the method in this thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-portal/124315-root-guide.html) but skipped the first bit.

Edit: that is your guide

Upvote 0
That is my guide. :D

It's following the second bit that installed the Samdroid Boot logo. :rolleyes:

Follow the guide again, only just use the first bit. If you do lose your 3 network settings, you can enter them manually.

Copy this info
Menu
Settings
Wireless & networks
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
Press 3 or (whatever is listed)

Make a copy of ALL these settings.

If you lose them, here's what I found

carrier="3 UK"
apn="three.co.uk"
mmsc="http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc"
mmsproxy="mms.three.co.uk"
mmsport="8799"
mcc="234"
mnc="20"
type="default,mms"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones