• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I unroot?

Lars

Android Expert
Mar 24, 2010
www.larsdennert.com
No immediate plans to but does anyone know how to? I assume delete superuser.apk su and busybox. Was there an original version of su that got overwritten? The only other dx we have that isn't rooted is a hundred miles away but i could try to fish su out of it and check the attributes on it. Anyone ponder this yet? May not be necessaryto do as froyo may wipe anyway. Then again birdman says 2.2 is patched and our 2.1 exploit doesn't work. Meaning an ota from vzw will lock us out.

Have you tried the 1 click root program? Does the unroot button work?

I think sacrificing root for a couple days while using the increased speed of froyo and flash would be worth it. If they patch the exploit I'm sure another will be found.

It will unroot you but leave the Superuser ninja icon in your app tray. It also leaves the superuser.apk, busybox and some drivers in the system folder. SO if you want to get ride of them you will have to remove them manually or use the unroot using the long method someone posted.

So while it unroots you it leaves all the root files intact for anyone to see/find

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones