1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do i update pre-installed apps on HTC One

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi!
    I have just reset my HTC One phone. And then update to the latest version of Android 4.3.
    But i having problem update my pre-installed apps like :dropbox, facebook, gmaps etc.
    I have create a new google account after reset, but the "google play" do not list up any pre-installed apps. I have to Search for every app manually in google play and then update (cant be like this?)
    I did try to search for any app update from the phone "settings" but nothing!

Hope someone could help. Thanx!

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Funny, I receive update notifications for pre-installed apps through the Play Store the same as for any other apps.

If you open the Play Store app, select "My Apps" and scroll down the "Installed" list, do you not see these apps in there? BTW I know you can't reply to this, but if the answer to that question is "yes" then everything is fine. Check your Play Store settings to make sure it is set to notify you when updates are available, and that's it. It might be just that you've got the latest versions already.

If you don't see them listed there then there is something strange going on. In that case I'd be tempted to try another reset, or at least to clear data for the Play Store app and try again (personally I'd do a reset after an official update rather than before, so that everything is clean after the update). But if that is the case you could always post here again (or in the main forum) and we can see whether anyone has any other ideas.

scary alien likes this.