• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I upgrade from 4.1.2 jellybean to more updated version?

The Title pretty much says it but yes I obviously have the Boost Warp 4g and was wondering how to upgrade from Android 4.1.2 Jellybean I do have a rooted device please link me to something or just tell me how I would really appreciate it thanks!

I see that you may be new to this process. There are only 3 ways to get updated to a newer version.

1) A push update from Boost Mobile/ZTE
2) A ROM Developer converting/customizing either CM10+ or AOKP ROM for the phone.
3) Or you go through the process of learning and do it yourself.

Boost/ZTE may never upgrade the version. This takes time and resources, and they would rather sell you another phone. So, the best hope right now is for developer to take up the project (which a few are) and this takes a lot of time to get everything working. For more information you need to follow the ROOTED section of the forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones