• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I upgrade from I9000XXJPP, FROYO_DOC_V8_JPO

SGSI

Jun 17, 2010
Hey guys, I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S and I hope u will be able to help me out. I had long back upgraded from Eclair to DOC Froyo (I9000XXJPP, FROYO_DOC_V8_JPO, Kernel: 2.6.32.9 hardcore@speedmod-k9a-256hz#191). Now I want to upgrade to Gingerbread, but I am not sure how to go about this. In kies the firmware upgrade is disabled. Please do advice me on this.
PS: I had also applied some lag-fixes but cant remember them right now.

Thanks Ijaz Ahmed; I had backed up the official Eclair rom using Rom-Manager. So can I restore the backed up Eclair rom using ROM-Manager safely (after I remove all the lag-fixes)?

Yes, you can restore it back.

BTW: Stock Eclair is available to download from internet as well.

Remove Lagfix, and install Gingerbread, you will love it I bet.

If you install XXJVK (2.3.3), I have a mod for it which gives you circle battery icon with %age, slide to unlock, CRT turn off animation etc.

I am personally on XXJVK for almost an year, rock solid and stable performance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones