1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I upload photos from my galaxy s2

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by T1Q2Y, Dec 24, 2011.

1. T1Q2Y

T1Q2Y Lurker

Hi....can you tell me how to upload photos from my galaxy s2???:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

IF you mean to get photos off your phone, you can plug it in using the USB cable and it should connect via MTP mode. Alternatively you can go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>USB utilities and enable storage mode, then plug in your phone and once you approve the connection, your phone's memory will show up as a removable drive on your PC. Your photos will be in DCIM.

If you mean to upload them via a cloud service, simply open the image in the gallery and use the "send via" button, or long-press the image and then use the "share via" button.

Because the Galaxy S2 classification covers different models from different carriers, the forums have been split so not to cause any confusion. Select the forum appropriate to your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

T1Q2Y likes this.
  3. T1Q2Y

T1Q2Y Lurker

hi...what is mtp mode and when I click the Connect strorage to PC it always say "USB is connected.Remove the cable"..

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

MTP mode is "Media Transfer Protocol". IT allows you to connect a device to your PC provided you have the correct drivers installed. If you have the phone plugged in and are using Windows Vista/7 open the start menu and click "computer." If you don't see your phone listed at the bottom, you probably don't have the drivers installed.

USB Storage uses a generic drive to access the device storage but on the SGS2 you must not me plugged in when you enable it. IF you alread have the phone plugged in and try to enable USB storage you will get the error you describe.

Unplug the phone. Go to menu>settings>Wireless & Network>USB Utilities and enable storage. Now plug it in.

T1Q2Y likes this.
  5. T1Q2Y

T1Q2Y Lurker

YAY....its work...thank you very much and happy holiday

lunatic59 likes this.
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello there, thanks for joining us here at Android Forum -- It's nice to have you aboard.

There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks available for all Android Devices. I hope the information you find here will be useful to you. Happy Holidays! :)