1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I use Allshare Cast?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hotstepper808, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hotstepper808

hotstepper808 Lurker

I have recently downloaded the new update for my Galaxy S3. I have used allshare and watched videos and pictures on my tv. After the update I noticed a new app called allshare cast. It is supposed to make it so that everything you see on your phone is on the tv. It is not working on my tv but the regular allshare does work. Do I need to buy the wireless adaptor that I have seen people use on youtube? Is it available for sale now? I cannot find it at any of the stores. Anyone know anything?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to AF, hotstepper808!:)

I have moved this thread into the S3 forum, so that those that use this phone with the new allshare app can post their tips here to help.

3. mr_lovely

mr_lovely Lurker

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a new S3 and a new Samsung Smart TV. Allshare Play works fine, but I want to try Allshare Cast.

When I turn on Allshare Cast on my phone it doesn't detect my TV. I can't see an Allshare Cast app to install on the tv, and it shouldn't require the dongle.

Does anyone know how to get Allshare Cast to work with an S3 and Smart TV - I don't understand why it's so difficult.

thanks.

4. newrybhoy

newrybhoy Newbie

Pretty sure you require the Allshare Cast dongle (EAD-T10UDEGXEU) which connects via HDMI to your TV and which is powered by micro USB

bethrob1 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews