1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I use Google Cloud Print from apps?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by JohnJSal, Mar 9, 2016.

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

I followed the instructions for setting up my printer with Google Cloud Print, but now I'm having trouble actually using it. When I try to print a document from Drive, I choose "Print," then I tap on "Save as PDF" and change that to "All printers..."

This is the only option I see, but then it starts searching for printers and this process never ends. Eventually I just had to stop it.

What else do I need to do to print from Drive, or other apps?

Thanks,
    John

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi
    Is it a "cloud print ready" or a legacy printer connected through a PC? If the latter, the PC has to be running with the Chrome browser app open (or minimised) and chrome must be logged into the same google account as your phone.

3. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

It's cloud print ready. The setup went fine, it's just printing to it that is a mystery.

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

5. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

You can install drivers on Android devices? I thought the point of Cloud Print was to print from Google Apps and such. Shouldn't they just detect the printer on Google's server now that I've added it?

6. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Maybe drivers was the wrong terminology. All I know is that I couldn't print to my HP printer until I installed that app.

7. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

#7 girolez, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016