1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I use HTC's software update on a rooted phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stangaddiction, Jan 18, 2013.

1. stangaddiction

None

Dec 4, 2012
    I rooted my phone using the newbie guide here: http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ing-evo-v-4g-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html

Can I go ahead and update my phone with the HTC software update? Supposedly the ROM I used from that newbie thread is the stock rom. I really want my -120 signal radio issue to go away. My phone is useless for about 4 minutes while it reboots and I'm afraid I'll need it for an emergency one day and not be able to use it.

If I can't use that update while rooted, what would is the suggested route I should take to update my phone? thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement

2. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2012
    Male
    High School!
    A yellow house
    Once you root you should follow the turn your phone into an evo 3d thread. Then you can flash different radios which will completely fix the radio interface error.

3. stangaddiction

None

Dec 4, 2012
    I unrooted it and installed the update successfully. Now I'm highly PO'd because I backed up my SMS's with the phone's standard text messenger and now it says "unable to restore sms". Is there any software that can read those files on a computer?

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Male
    Disabled
    CT, USA
    If you made a nandroid before unrooting you can use app extractor from the market to recover the messages. Good luck, OB

Tags: