• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I use launcher pro.

First....did you make sure to download the "Home Switcher" app to switch your UI from the stock Motorola UI to Launcher Pro?

Interesting. I used Launcher Pro with my Moto Droid and didn't do that and everything seemed to work fine. I'm still with stock Moto on my Droid X, but the problem with the lag is starting to get worse and I'm considering going back to Launcher Pro. I really hate to reset up everything though and did like being able to resize my widgets (so they could lag even more I guess. :mad:)

Is this absolutely necessary should I go to Launcher Pro?

Upvote 0
so i downloaded launcher pro, downloaded home switch.

i change my preferences, fine. but when i go to set launcher pro in home switch as my default, i keep getting an error message. keep in mind, i'm completely brand new at this. i have no idea what i'm doing and i'm getting confused.

For whatever reason, I never had very good luck with the Home Switcher app. I could never get it to completely accept a change in the default launcher. It would take at first, but then whenever I'd hit the home hard key, it would go back to the other launcher. So...I tried a different app called Home Smack and I've had better luck with it. I currently have 3 launchers on my DX...stock, LPP and Zeam and with Home Smack, I can set any of the 3 as the default launcher without any problems at all. You might try Home Smack and see if it works for you too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones