• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How do I use the NDK

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started with Android Development but I am already able to program in java and c++ using OpenGL.
My PC runs Ubuntu 10.10 and Eclipse and the Android SDK is also installed.

What I need to know is how I can compile C++ code with the NDK r5b. Is it possible that I may integrate the NDK into Eclipse?

Thank you.

NDK is generally used from the command line, but there are a couple of ways to integrate it into Eclipse. The easiest way is with Sequoyah. First, install the Sequoyah Android Native Support plug-in for Eclipse. The Sequoyah project can be found here:
Sequoyah Project

Once you get that installed, you will be able to right-click on an Android project in Eclipse and choose the "Add native support" option. That will change perspectives to a fully integrated development environment for building, debugging, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones