1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do i view texts on the huawei watch?

Discussion in 'Android Wear' started by james_uk, Mar 30, 2016.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast
    None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    I can only seem to be able to reply and discard texts, how can i reply if i dunno what it says? lol

Do i have to use a 3rd party text app to view them, i assumed you would be able to view them with the stock app?

Another question i have is, my girlfriend has an apple watch and on hers you can view texts etc but also within her phone she can add her own text responses for any most common things she may reply to people, how can i add others?

regards

James

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I think to view the full text you can swipe up. Swiping left will offer the options of replying and swiping right will dismiss it. I use Google messenger for SMS messaging. I'm not sure if there are others that offer additional functionality.

electricpete likes this.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    it will depend on the particular sms app on your phone (and "stock" varies by phone manufacturer ). I use Google messenger, like unforgiven. It has good android wear support. You can certainly read sms... either just received or browsing old conversations. With marshmallow on phone and watch, you also have (in messenger) "canned" responses available on the watch..handy.

#3 electricpete, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    And with Messenger, if you don't mind talking to your wrist you can respond with voice to text with the watch. I use it with good success when driving.***

***My car stereo reads the text to me, so I'm not reading them while driving.;)

electricpete likes this.