• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My phone does not boot up. My connector is damaged so my phone doesn't stay connected long enough to run Odin. Can I load a zip file into my SD card that can help me boot up my phone? I got an update for my phone, I was rooted, I backed up my phone in TB and CWM before I tried doing the update. It went thru its updating and then gave me an error. When I tried to reboot it just stayed on the Samsung screen.

Since you said you are rooted, can you not just boot into your recovery and flash a backup or another ROM? You do have a backup made don't you?

Will your phone boot into recovery?? If so then you're good to go.

Charging ports are not that expensive. If you wish to give it a go and try replacing it, this is a video of a guy replacing one on the S2. There shouldn't be that much of a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4e-5xkhvHA

Upvote 0
@wetbiker7, I made a backup on the day that I got the OTA update. I received an error and it didn't perform the update. I tried rebooting to no avail. I then went into recovery to restore from the backup and I received "Error while formatting /system!" I tried rebooting, still hanging on the Samsung startup page. I went back into recovery, CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7, tried the backup before the last one, same error. I tried the backup before that one, same error. How would I go about flashing a new rom to the phone. I have another phone like it that I could use if need be.

Upvote 0
Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones