1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do Io put samsung galaxy s4 in standby mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alcolburn, Mar 4, 2014.

1. alcolburn

alcolburn Lurker

How do I put samsung galaxy s4 in standby mode?

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

What do you mean by Stand By mode? To me, when the screen turns off, that is standby mode. Do you mean Airplane Mode?

3. alcolburn

alcolburn Lurker

Thank you. I'm not really sure what standby mode is but please check out this link to see a video on how to remove the lock screen from the Samsung Galaxy s4.

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Samsung-Galaxy-S4.how_to_turn_off_the_screen_lock_on_my_samsung

The problem with this video and all the videos and how to sites on the internet give instructions that use settings that are not highlighted on the Samsung galaxy s4. The only settings highlighted are pin number, pattern, and password. . the option remove the screen lock is greyed out.
    Have found a workaround on one of these forums which begins by putting the phone in standby mode. Then it continues on show special menu options while in standby mode that can be selected to remove the screen lock. I have no problem accessing my cell phone however I do not want to have to enter a passcode each time I use the phone.
    I realize I am not in the correct forum, but when I saw the word standby I just had to reply and ask how to put the phone in that mode.
    Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
    Anne

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Those instructions are for the Samsung Galaxy S4, Canadian, Bell variant, probably model number SGH-i337M. This is just one of 23 versions of the Galaxy S4. The option to disable the screenlock is generally available on the worldwide models, i9505 & i9500, as well as some other minority variants. However, this feature may have been removed from some minority variants and firmwares. For more information regarding your phone version and firmware see, 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

5. alcolburn

alcolburn Lurker

Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    SGHM919
    V4.3
    Verizon

I did not state in my earlier post that I was able to perform the Standby procedure once.
    I thought I had bookmarked the procedure but now I am unable to find it and cannot find it in any searches again.
    It involves powering down my phone then rebooting and at the same time pressing certain buttons like the power and volume key, there by having the phone boot up in Standby and then selecting from the menu which gives the option to remove the screen lock.

I was foolish enough to remove the lock it that time and secure the phone with a different PIN, thinking that if I wanted to remove the screen lock all together I could do so by going back to that procedure again. Now I am wanting to remove it. Don't want to go through unlock procedures each time I want to use my phone.

Thank you for your response. I don't see the like option to press but maybe it will show up when I back out of this message.

6. ironass

I have asked the Mods to move your post and this one, to your existing thread...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...io-put-samsung-galaxy-s4-in-standby-mode.html

for the sake of legibility and continuity.

The SGH-M919 is the T-Mobile & Metro PCS variant and firmware.

Exactly what are you trying to do... is it to disable you screen lock totally so that you enter the phone's home screen without having to do anything?

Mikestony likes this.
  7. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Done ;)

ironass likes this.
  8. ironass

Unfortunately, I do not have the T-Mobile, U.S; variant and so I cannot comment on whether this feature has been removed in the 4.3 firmware.

Have you tried changing your PIN code to nothing at all and seeing if you can then select the no lock option?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews