• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do ( properly install BB baseband update?

Don't need to wipe.

I don't use Clockwork Mod

Download this.
Put it on your SD card.

Power off your phone. hold the "X" key on the keyboard and power it on, keep holding on to "X" until it goes into recovery.

(If your using Bugless Beast v0.4 all you need to do press "X" and the power button at the same time.)

Use the volume buttons (Up/down) to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" select it with the camera button.

select "choose zip from sdcard"

Navigate to where you saved the baseband zip. and select it.

It will run and when complete hit the lock/power button to back out to the main menu then select "reboot system now"

That's how you install any zip w/o using ClockworkMod app. Now if you want you don't need that app anymore. I haven't had it installed since the first time I did just to switch to ClockworkMod recovery.

Upvote 0
don't care for CW? doing 'hard way' now...

yeah, I don't know. I always do it the "hard way." I don't see a need for the app. And it is easier to install a ROM, Kernel, and Theme at the same time through the recovery. And I never waste time with Nandroid backups, I never had a problem and if I do, oh well, full reinstall whatever. I always titatium backup my important apps before I do anything.

Upvote 0
Don't need to wipe.

I don't use Clockwork Mod

Download this.
Put it on your SD card.

Power off your phone. hold the "X" key on the keyboard and power it on, keep holding on to "X" until it goes into recovery.

(If your using Bugless Beast v0.4 all you need to do press "X" and the power button at the same time.)

Use the volume buttons (Up/down) to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" select it with the camera button.

select "choose zip from sdcard"

Navigate to where you saved the baseband zip. and select it.

It will run and when complete hit the lock/power button to back out to the main menu then select "reboot system now"

That's how you install any zip w/o using ClockworkMod app. Now if you want you don't need that app anymore. I haven't had it installed since the first time I did just to switch to ClockworkMod recovery.

not getting exact choices above first level has an 'install' choice next level has 'choose rom from sd card' but yields no choices I am going to boot and move downloaded file to root dir, but does it need to be named 'update.zip' ???

Upvote 0
not getting exact choices above first level has an 'install' choice next level has 'choose rom from sd card' but yields no choices I am going to boot and move downloaded file to root dir, but does it need to be named 'update.zip' ???

Try what I said (flash alternate recovery, then back to CW) and you will be fine. You can do this from Rom Manager then install the baseband upgrade. Had the same issue when trying to flash a new rom/kernels. You don't need to go through the trouble of the above steps. As a matter of fact, I don't think the above steps will work as your recovery is wonky.

Upvote 0
Try what I said (flash alternate recovery, then back to CW) and you will be fine. You can do this from Rom Manager then install the baseband upgrade. Had the same issue when trying to flash a new rom/kernels.

I am using the alternate to get to recovery mode and could not navigate to the zip file. Just put a copy on root dir and tried again, but still does not see. I think I need to rename it to 'update.zip'. .

Upvote 0
I am using the alternate to get to recovery mode and could not navigate to the zip file. Just put a copy on root dir and tried again, but still does not see. I think I need to rename it to 'update.zip'. .

No. Power off, reboot your phone and once you are up and running go to rom manager and flash alternate recovery. Once that completes, flash CW again. Once that is complete install baseband upgrade via rom manager. Easy peasy.

Upvote 0
may be working now, sorry, was trying to follow CW haters instructions. I just did use the file I downloaded from his link, but used CW. It is booting now.... I hope... yep there the eye. Will check version of Baseband now.... well, after I reactivate, which means it must have worked. As truck driver, I can use any improvement in signal management!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones