• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do the texting apps work?

Handcent and the like are only basically just cosmetic changes to the stock sms app and adds a few features. It still uses your phone's credit, so of course it will still use your number.

I had though you were talking about Chikka and the like where you get to send SMS for free without using your phone's credit, since you said you got rid of your SMS plan.

Upvote 0
Handcent and the like are only basically just cosmetic changes to the stock sms app and adds a few features. It still uses your phone's credit, so of course it will still use your number.

I had though you were talking about Chikka and the like where you get to send SMS for free without using your phone's credit, since you said you got rid of your SMS plan.

Upvote 0

Sorry, yes that is what I was talking about. I didn't know the others just changed the look.

But I think Ill just stick with Google Voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones