1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How Do You Carry Your Droid (Case/SnapOn Cover)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stump1000, Dec 1, 2009.

1. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Timely post. I ordered my Piel Frama flip case just before the holidays, with availability listed as mid-January. Sure enough, FedEx showed up yesterday. Superb padded protection, with accurate cut-outs where necessary. Snaps shut, so no magnet issues. I don't use the Droid keyboard much, but appreciate the easy ability to do so without removing the case. Cost me about $50, thanks to some strenuous googling and coupons.
    MOTOROLA DROID CASES - Motorola Droid Cases and Accessories

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

Have been going naked since launch, but just got my G1 pouch in the mail from Amazon the other day. Snug fit, decent protection from drops. And cheap :)

3. Drycht

Drycht Lurker

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

Someone was asking about this case earlier in the thread and I just purchased it and would like to give my 2 cents.

I got the pocket and it is 13 bucks with 2 dollar shipping. I ordered it Tues and got it Thurs. Not bad from Cali to Maine. They have awesome support, all emails sent are from a human, not computer generated which felt nice.

The case looks just like the pictures. It is completley basic looking (good thing imo). It is well made, great stitching and is as advertised. It is just a felt pouch with a pocket. The phone is able to drop into it nicely about halfway and fits in snug when all the way in. Very lightly holding the sides I am unable to let the phone slip out when held upside down. Also the phone is easily retrievable when you need to get it out in a hurry. The sleeve is about 1/3 an inch above the top of the phone when fully inside the pouch.

Also to note I have heard of other people being able to fit their droid in this pouch with the Seidio Innocase after a few days of stretching.

The pocket btw is like a super thin elastic mesh. I throw my lic, debit card, and money in there and its good to go. Can easily fit earbuds in there as well.

4. Bogie

Bogie Member

I put the Zagg InvisiShield just for the screen on mine. I have gotten used to it and most of the bubbles have worked their way out after a week. The only thing that disappointed me was one corner did not line up exactly so it peeled a bit. :(

Then I put it in a nice suede side holster. Keeps everything nice and safe for me. Actually I don't know how safe it is but it makes me feel better anyways.

I also had the rubber case from Verizon which was nice but I plan on getting the car and home dock so I didn't want to have to constantly try and get the case on and off.

5. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast

I used both the verizon screen protector and holster, though I'm not certain I need the former. Either way, my inputs seem fine and the holster works best for me, as I hate bulky pockets.

Funny that you mention this, as I also find it true (also live in MD). In cases where I have a heavier set of clothes on, provided I'm in the car, I just have bluetooth active. If I'm walking around, I place it in my inner coat pocket.

6. NB2A

NB2A Newbie

They tried that on me too after it started to peel.How can anyone trust a company asking for your credit card to return a defective used item?:mad:

Sounds like a valid complaint to the Federal Trade commission to me!
    I can only hope they either come to their senses or go under

7. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

me nakes too, although i likey the suade OR mydroidwallet. havent decided on which to purchassse!

8. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

oh yeah i got suckered into a VZW screen protector

9. SamMax

SamMax Android Expert

10. tjrocks91

tjrocks91 Newbie

white rubberized snap on case, mirrorized screen protector, hangs out in my pocket. looks like a storm trooper phone

11. gentlefury

gentlefury Android Enthusiast

I've never used cases or screen protectors.....actually the last case I used ruined my phone (ironic right??)

New phones are really durable.

12. SteveC

SteveC Member

Golla Raft Pouch - Android Central Store

I setteled on a Golla Raft Pouch from the above link. I use the phone naked and keep it in the pouch, clipped with the carabiner to a belt loop on my jeans. That gives it movement flexibility so you can get it out of the way for seat belts etc. I keep a microfiber cloth in the front pocket under the flap to use to clean the screen. Bunches of uses for the back side zippered pocket.

I bought a Verizon three pack of screen protectors, they installed one at the store. Then I found out about Gorilla Glass and decided the protector was pretty superfluous, so it came off. Since I had the protector on from the first use touch, I was pretty surprised at how much better the touch response of the screen was without the blasted thing.

13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

They most likely sold you the 'privacy' screen protector - it sucked, according to a lot of the folks on these forums.

I had the non-privacy, and TBH, I did not really feel any noticeable difference - then again, I only used it for about 2 weeks (if that) before it came off and I went nekkid on the glass.

I am now considering the Clearview anti-glare one for those hot summer GA days when the sun is brighter than the interior of a nuclear blast....

14. SteveC

SteveC Member

I actually grabbed the protectors myself and told them to figure it in the bill. One volunteered to put it on while the other one fiddled with their computer to get the billing done. So, I did it to myself. I might get a better higher quality lifetime protector. I'm a farmer and believe me my hands are not always clean, so if Gorilla Glass is scratchable, I can probably do it, although I'm really pretty careful with expensive elecronics stuff. Too useful to screw it up.

15. yzingerr

yzingerr Well-Known Member

I bought the factory case and shell... I like 'em, but I cant wear the phone rotated horizontally! It will fall out if I do.. :(

16. iLollar

iLollar Newbie

I use the invisisheild from zagg.com. Comes with a life time warranty in case anything happens, and a rubber case that allows the phone to slide open.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews