• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you carry your Incredible?

My husband had one of these. Exchanged it twice before giving up on it. The phone (in the shell) flew out of the holster and crashed to the ground twice.

That's odd. Had the same combo for my BB Tour and never had an issue. Did he have it rotated sideways?? I don't see it coming out unless you take it out if it is straight up and down.

Upvote 0
My husband had one of these. Exchanged it twice before giving up on it. The phone (in the shell) flew out of the holster and crashed to the ground twice.

I had the same problem with my holster holding the shell but I really liked the combo. Just put a little black gorilla tape on the inside of one side of the holster and the phone stays in place fine now. While the raised edge of the shell does protect the face when laid down, it does affect my typing on the edge keys (q&p, 1&0).

Upvote 0
Left pocket, everything else in my right pocket. However, I've had a couple of times when my phone rings, and when I pull it out my pocket it has already answered the call. I think I'm swiping the touch screen when I pull it out. Has anyone else had this happen and are there any settings to prevent it? I like the option to decline a call and let it go to voice mail.

Upvote 0
I use this
htc_incredible_rubber_holster_cov.png
case/holster combo and love it. Works great and the phone screen faces into the holster to protect it. It is direct from Verizon.

Yep, that's the one I use. Love it.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my holster holding the shell but I really liked the combo. Just put a little black gorilla tape on the inside of one side of the holster and the phone stays in place fine now. While the raised edge of the shell does protect the face when laid down, it does affect my typing on the edge keys (q&p, 1&0).

That's odd. Had the same combo for my BB Tour and never had an issue. Did he have it rotated sideways?? I don't see it coming out unless you take it out if it is straight up and down.

He had the same combo for his Chocolate Touch also and LOVED it. AND....he actually wears it in a way MOST usually won't. He's a police officer...he wears it on the epaulets on his shoulder. Still.....one would think it would be a little difficult to fall out when bending over. And he wore it the same way when he had the Chocolate and never had any trouble out of it.

Never heard of Gorilla Tape. Maybe that's something we need to look into. He returned both of them and is naked now waiting on a Seidio...but since he likes the shell/holster combo so much, this might be a good option.

Upvote 0
I'm in the "I'm waiting for Seidio" camp before I put anything on my Incredible.

In my experience, nobody beats Seidio when it comes to quality cases and holsters. They make such nice cases with a nice feel to them and at the same time not adding any noticeable bulk to the device, and holsters that lock devices securely in place. The rare times I'm found inside a VZW outlet, the CSR's are usually drooling over my case and asking where I got it (really, you'd think they'd be aware of Seidio).

Until Seidio releases covers and holsters (I prefer their spring loaded clip holsters vs leather pouches), I'm runnin nekkid with my Incredible. But then too I have the advantage that I'm always sporting a jacket or a shirt with a breast pocket where my device is guaranteed to be found. If I'm enjoying the weather with a T-Shirt, then my phone stays in my hand.

And too, I'm one of those gadget owners who really can't stand screen protectors. I fail to see any real benefit to them (todays screens are suitably scratch resistant as well they won't protect you from impact/drop damage anyway), and I feel they make your screen ugly and less spectacular. I can usually spot a screen protector from across the room.

Upvote 0

I have this combo also but I use the Verizon silicone case with the holster. Great combo fits snug. Then when I don't feel like wearing the holster just throw it in my pocket with just the silicone case

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones