• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you carry your phone?

...If there are reports of screens cracking while these phones are in a trouser pocket, then it is an issue...

"common sense" means that you don't need any report "of screens cracking while these phones are in a trouser pocket", and think of this as an issue. Do you find it difficult to think that if you place your phone somewhere in a specific way it might break?

And how much constructive do you think a conversation of "how to carry my phone" could really be?

Upvote 0
Basically in any pocket except the back ones. That includes trousers, shirts, suits.

I have screen protection on but was concerned a bit about long term effects and just dropping it. So now I have one of the basic sleeves.

Ideally I would like to combine with wallet, but I have not seen anything that would achieve this.

I have dropped it twice in the past (no damage) and the back did fly off quite well on one of them :)

Upvote 0
I will throw out a warning. I had my Desire in my front left jeans pocket at work. During that time I was kneeling and bending over to put things away. Evidentially during one of these times I put to much pressure on the phone and put a crack in the camera cover on the back. So now mine has a line in it. It's all I can warn you about. Just thought you should know.

Upvote 0
As most of those above my phones lives alone in my left trouser pocket. I really don't think I have enough street cred or maybe I just don't want to look like a loser carrying my phone in a holster attached to my belt :D.

Steve

i dont think i could wear one of them holster things, i might nifty fingers trying to swipe the phone away

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones