1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do you copy a large section of text

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thenomad, Jul 27, 2011.

1. thenomad

thenomad Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    UNIX Engineer
    City of Angels
    Okay, as far as I can see from the suggested questions, I may not be the only one with this question although it sounds very beginner-like.

I have a website that I am a frequent contributor to. They have the nifty android app, where you can type your input and submit to their message exchanging system and discussion forums. Problem is, when I am at work, it is not very safe for work to be contributed to using my office PC. My only chance is to submit my contribution via my android device.

But as you can imagine, it is very time consuming and error prone, typing on the little dinky keyboard. I can type my contribution in notepad or evernote and sync it to my android device but when I open it with whichever application, the text does not fit one screen and I have not been able to find a way to copy text that overflows outside the display. Almost any decent app has a select text and copy option but all of them are letting you select text from the screen. I want something like windoooze's ctrl-A, as in "Select all text in window" functionality and copy it.

Can this be done in some way, shape or form ? If yes, could someone enlighten this clueless soul please ?

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    In froyo the only option was to select all, in gingerbread you can select specific pieces by moving the arrows.

3. thenomad

thenomad Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    UNIX Engineer
    City of Angels

That's exactly my dilemma. Like if I receive a long email on my gmail account, I can not find a "select all" option. And it is the same on all applications I normally use. When I choose "select text, it expects me to drag the pointer from start till the end and as soon as I raise my hand from the screen, it copies *only* the selected text not all of it.

How do you do select all is what I am hoping to figure out.
    Edit: I am running Froyo (v 2.2 on my VZ moto droid2global)