• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do you copy from old SD to new card

explorer15

Lurker
Apr 16, 2012
I also bought the LePan from HSN. I bought it with the 2GB micro SD card. I have now bought a new 32GB card. How can I copy what is on my 2GB card to the new 32GB card? Does anyone know what is on the 2GB card by default? I tried connecting to my pc already but it tells me it doesn't see anything on that drive.

I appreciate all your help in advance!

If you don't have an sd reader on your pc you can pick up sd to usb adapters at most stores that carry computers.

Also tablets show up funny on pc explorer some times. Some show up as two drives so be sure there isn't another one showing.

Also in file explorer on tablets, often there is internal and external sd cards and sometimes they aren't labeled which so it is a little confusing.

Upvote 0
I don't believe you can do what you asked without a Micro SD Card reader. They don't cost much and often are included with the Micro SD card. I have several I got that way. Make a new folder on your PC and copy the contents of the 2 GH card to that folder. Then put the new Micro SD card in the PC and copy the contents of that folder to the new Micro SD card. Always power down the tablet before removal and insertion of the SD card. This worked perfect for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones