• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you delete files?

Thanks. I don't think there is a stock one? Any of those 2 you like more than the other?

I personally use Root Explorer but both of those are quite similar and extremely popular. Es is a little smaller if storage is an issue, but if not since they're free download them both and see what you prefer then delete the other. :D

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
So one will never know what junk is under the hood?

No, more like if you don't take the time to figure out how to get root then you shouldn't be messing around with junk under the hood. Seriously, all it takes is 1 deleted file and the phone doesn't boot so at least if you have root and a custom recovery you can make it right. :D

Reactions: EazySteve
Upvote 0
I downloaded ES, and cleaned the sd card. Is there anyway to view the storage on the actual phone? Or do you have to be rooted? Just want to make sure there is no junk left behind on some apps I uninstalled.

Yes you can view internal storage. On es I have to go into settings and set the home directory to /storage (or whatever internal is called) and then I can see internal and external. On newer phones both are labeled as sd cards. One is exsd_card (or something similar) etc..

If course you still won't be able to see critical stuff, no where near as much stuff compared to if you have root

Without root you can only access external storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones