• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you disable 5G on a Galaxy A32

Tyler B

Lurker
Apr 23, 2022
Hello, this is my first post here. I cannot seem to figure out how to disable 5g on my samsung galaxy A32 with AT&T service.
Where I live, if my phone connects to 5G mobile data I get zero service. I use my phone as a hotspot so this is problematic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So 'network operators' is set to 'select automatically'. The description is: "Let your phone choose the best mobile network for you. If you turn this off, you can choose from a list of available mobile networks"
Unfortunately this option is greyed out/cannot be changed.
this is what i have on my z fold 3. i can't change what radio signals to use. fortunately 5G and Verizon's 5G UW is almost everywhere now here in L.A. so i have no need to change.

Upvote 0
Hello, this is my first post here. I cannot seem to figure out how to disable 5g on my samsung galaxy A32 with AT&T service.
Where I live, if my phone connects to 5G mobile data I get zero service. I use my phone as a hotspot so this is problematic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AT&T blocks you from being able to change network modes - it's super stupid. There are 3rd party apps that can do it though - try "Samsung Band Switcher" in the Play Store

Upvote 0
"Network Operators" is not the same as "Mobile Networks", you wouldn't want to mess with that setting.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like your device allows you to make this change. Perhaps a 3rd party app can do it as mentioned, also there may be a "hidden menu" accessible through the phone dialer with a certain sequence of characters. But you have to be careful with those as you can break stuff.

Upvote 0
On a Samsung, go into Settings, Mobile networks, Network mode.

Screenshot_20220424-061150_Call settings.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i think it might be carrier dependent as i do not have this option with verizon. i think att is the same thing.
Yeah, it looks like another example of service providers messing with the software. Just pure control freakery, corporations deciding they know what you need better than you do. US carriers seem to be the worst on the planet for this too.

One reason I never buy carrier handsets. And in answer to the question addressed to me, no, I doubt that paying off the phone will make any difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones