1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do you disable "force lock"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dalemccl, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dalemccl

dalemccl Newbie

I installed a screen lock program on my DroidX. It is named "Screen Off FX" which one of those widgets that you touch and it has the same effect as a short press on the power button -- turns off the screen and locks the phone. During installation it asked to enable "force lock". I agreed since it seems to require it to work. Now I want to uninstall the app but force lock has to be disabled in order to uninstall it (according to the description in the market). The uninstall fails, apparently because I have not disabled force lock.

Problem is, I can't find anything in the DX settings to disable "force lock". Does anyone know how to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ygmin

ygmin Lurker

I've been there. It's really nasty because I was not able to uninstall that crap.
    In order to disable 'force lock' for that crap,
    1. run the 'system settings' and
    2. select the item 'Device administrators' or something like that (the exact terminology can vary depending on the device).

And then you can find the list of apps which can require activation of the system administrator's privilege. On that list you can locate the name of that crap as well.

Uncheck the activation of sys admin and uninstall the crap.
    Hoping it will help you.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews