• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you disable the auto sign in for Google Talk?

If I am not mistaken it's the same as the Talk, I heard that it uses a lot of the battery power, and I don't really use it. I went to settings and I unchecked the auto sign in, but when i go to Talk again, they automatically sign me in, did I do anything wrong? or am i signed out when I exit Talk?

I have a samsung galaxy and I can't sign out from gtalk. I disable the automatic sign in and when I restart the application, I am already signed in with my work google apps account. I did not find a way to switch to my gmail account, as it always logs in with the google apps one.

So, how do I sign out and switch to another account? Does anyone have the same problem? Am I missing something? :thinking:

Upvote 0
ok, auto sign is for signing you in WITHOUT opening the app. once you leave you will be signed out until the next time you open the app.

if you are checking to see if you are signed in by opening the app you are doing it wrong.

check to see if worked by checking running services. after unchecking auto sign in and exiting the app you should no longer see talk in running services. may require a reboot after unchecking auto sign in.

Edit: no clue on having 2 gmail accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones