1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root ] How do you Flash Alpha version Cyanogenmod6.1.2 WinMax Alpha 3? for 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rivlocs83, Feb 17, 2011.

1. rivlocs83

rivlocs83 Lurker

Hey guys I just Rooted my phone a few days ago using Unrevoked and Ive been reading on XDA forums on their new update Alpha Version WiMax for EVO 4G but I cant seem to flash the files correctly? I have them on my SD Card ready for Installation but no succes yet.....Any Help would be Much Apreciated...thanx Running CyanogenMod6:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

Did you wipe data, davlik-cache? Did you put it on your sd card as a zip file or did you unzip it? It needs to be as a zip file on the root.

3. rivlocs83

rivlocs83 Lurker

I installed the file as a zip, but I wasn't sure to wipe data or not and restart the proccess

4. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

Are you getting an error when it tries to install or having problems on boot?

5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Most people are probably smarter than me, but when I downloaded the Cyanogenmod Alpha the other day, I thought I was downloading a zip file, but it was actually just a link to one of the download sites that contained the zip file. I had done a right-click on one of the file links, thinking it was directly linked to the zip (but it wasn't). I tried to install a ROM based off the "zip" files and they obviously gave me an error. Once I downloaded the correct files, it worked like a charm.

Wiped data, cache, dalvik, then flashed ROM, kernel and Gapps, and it worked like a charm. I liked it, but I hated not having a 4G indicator and only having 5 app screens vs 7 with a Sense based ROM.

Tags: