• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you flash back to Stock 1.5?

you after you rooted the phone..you would make a backup of the current stock settings called a nandroid backup and it would be stored on your sd card...then load the new rom...if you wanted to go back you would need to go back into the recovery screen and load the stock image and there you go..

follow this guide when your ready to go

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/38911-guide-root-rom-faq-tutorial.html

you have a CDMA HTC Hero right?

Upvote 0
I just did a factory reset to see if that will work but I didn't do a davlic wipe. I'll have to try that one after I find out if the factory reset/wipe worked.

I'm gonna clear that too now. I'll be back in a sec with the results.

Ok, we are now on the first sign in screen where you can log in with your google account and for some reason, there is no 3G connection. Its asking now to use wifi (which we don't have).

Update: Ok, I think we're all set! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones