• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you get your apps back after doing a rom?

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2012
If you have used something like titanium backup or nandroid, how do you get some of your apps back after you install a new rom?

For example, installing the gapps for the JB AOKP rom worked okay for some of the google apps, but I noticed the google maps app was missing. If you were me, would you just go to the playstore and re-download it, or would you look through your titanium backup zip file to find it and if the latter, how do you go about re-installing it without messing up anything?

I'm not sure you have this unless you have Titanium Pro, but if there is a checkmark in the upper right corner, tap it.Scroll down to the restore section and then select Restore missing apps with data.

If you don't have that, then from the main screen select the Backup/Restore tab at the top. Then select each app you want to restore. DO NOT restore any that are in red. Those are system apps and can cause problems if you mix them in your current system.

First, try going to the play store. Sometimes Google will restore apps for me just by going there.

Reactions: CrackBaby
Upvote 0
I'm not sure you have this unless you have Titanium Pro, but if there is a checkmark in the upper right corner, tap it.Scroll down to the restore section and then select Restore missing apps with data.
I have the free version. I did what you said. I can't tell whether it worked or not (at least I didn't get any error messages) because, fortunately, my nandroid of yesterday's gingerbread setup saved my hide, and more than once! :D
Love that nandroid!!!! I need to make a new one, for ICS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones