1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do you install FL04?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greg schmeg, Dec 30, 2012.

1. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

I have this link :

[JB][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FL04 (F04 Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Its apparently the source for FL04.

I'm on cm10 now and want to switch, but this looks very intimidating without being walked through the process by somebody with prior experience with flashing this new operating system.

Can I get some step by step help on this process?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Sure thing, just download the exe file. it is a self extracting archive. Run it after you download it, and it will extract a folder with the OC (one click) installer. make sure you have the kies drivers on your pc. then run the one click, then put your phone in download mode (power and volume down). After that connect the usb cable between the phone and pc. When you see the com port show up on the one click installer hit start

Codegerm

the No-Data will not format the data partition
    the Restore will (you have to reinstall apps with this one and backup stuff to sc card or pc first)
    rooted is it is already rooted
    stock is not rooted.

greg schmeg likes this.
  3. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Ur the man code germ. I guess what I'm mostly confused about at this point is the no data version and the restore version. Does the restore version deleted my entire SD card with all my backups and old kernel files and stuff? What does the no data one do? As u can probably tell, I'm a bit lost. My questions probably hardly even make sense. Lol

4. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The No data install is like having an OTA update it does not format USB internal memory and keeps user data. The restore version does wipe the internal USB memory and user data, but should leave your external sd card alone. If worried about your sd card, you could always take it out before install.

Codegerm

greg schmeg likes this.
  5. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Will the restore version clear my old cwm backups and recovery tools from that part of my internal SD card? Or will that stuff remain so I can reflash my old stuff right back if need be? Basically it would wipe the data the same way as if on cm10 with cwm and I go to recovery and hit wipe.data. my ROM is wiped but I can still get into recovery and reflash old backups without those files being deleted to?

6. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

To be safe,use root explorer and move that stuff to your ex.card.I messed up my phone using a app called galaxy s2 boot screen changer and had to flash fl04. It wiped every thing off internal card but I moved a lot of stuff to my ex.card before.I don't remember if I did move mycwm backups but iI still had them.

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

With the restore version, anything you want to keep make sure you move it to your external sd card and/or your pc. That is what I did when I installed FK23. I used the restore one that wipes internal USB and data, then copied the stuff back that I saved on my network drive (Titanium Backup files etc).

Codegerm

8. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Makes sense. Is it self explainitory how to copy your internal SD card "stuff" onto your external SD card for future retrieval?

9. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

yeah not hard to do I use the es file manager. It is just like doing it in windows. you could also dock it and use your pc to copy the files over using the phone as a usb drive.

10. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Nah. I'll just use ES if I can. Definitely easier.

11. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

U can do this process of the One Click no matter what current ROM and kernel ur already running?

12. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Yes, the one click for FL04 will install the entire ROM (kernel and modem included)

13. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Right on. I'm gonna hopefully try it today or tomorrow. Happy new years

14. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Are there any positives to flashing the modem, kernal, and ROM separately? Or is the one click simply doing the same exact thing? Are there any differences in the end result?

15. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

the One click does it all, your phone boots up and then you are off and running. It is fairly quick taking mere minutes to install.

16. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

So there aren't any advantages of installing everything sepeeately as opposed to the one click method?

17. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

no advantage to installing things separately. Installing things individually requires more steps which means more chances to miss a step or mke and error. The only reason I have installed something on an individual basis would be when I wasn't putting in a new ROM and only putting in a new modem or custom kernel. Seeing as FL04 JB won't work with the ICS kernel or the modem from ICS it makes sense to just do all of it at once.

Don't be a kid afraid to jump in the water cause it might be cold, the water is fine. LOL :D

greg schmeg likes this.
  18. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

So when u do the restore version, exactly how do u load ur old user data back onto the new OS?

19. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Just copied it back using ES file manager, and used Titanium Backup to restore Apps that I wanted to keep along with their settings like K9 mail etc.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews