• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do you know if you're on voodoo with EB01??

well for one the voodoo install routine has a female robotic voice that tells you what its doing and when its done....

another way is to run the Linpack benchmark and see if results are like 8-9 or 14-15....if its higher its running voodoo, below 10 and you are not running voodoo is kinda the rule of thumb

Upvote 0
well for one the voodoo install routine has a female robotic voice that tells you what its doing and when its done....

another way is to run the Linpack benchmark and see if results are like 8-9 or 14-15....if its higher its running voodoo, below 10 and you are not running voodoo is kinda the rule of thumb
Voodoo does not effect linpack at all. The 14-ish is typical of any 1Ghz SF .32kernel regardless of voodoo or not. Whereas .29kernel gets 8-ish.

Quadrant would be a better gauge merely to see if voodoo is on your froyo. 1K is about average for Froyo without voodoo and with jt's first kernel its more like 1500. If you have Quad advanced you will see that all the score inflation comes from an increase in the I/O. Off voodoo is less than 800 typically. With voodoo its over 3000. None of the other 4 tests change at all. The aosp voodoo scores over 2K because the cpu tests arent scored correctly at all. I mean shoot with Kaos' CM6 on a .29 kernel we were getting 2500+ due to these errors.

Upvote 0
update: just flashed superclean2.1 with voodoo.. no voices again :( any idea why not?

edit: i'm an idiot... i just searched my phone for that damned disable_lagfix file, found one.. just deleted it, and rebooting now!
Yeah many peeps forgot about that. I just deleted my entire voodoo folder when I first started using 2.2.
But just so everyone knows you will only get the conversion process/the voice that 1st time. Henceforth all subsequent voodoo re-flashes or what not will not have the conversion voice since of course you are already converted. You probably knew this but some of the new peeps might not have.

Upvote 0
I'm having horrible lag this morning. I can't do anything with phone. Tried rebooting it and its ok for a 5 min and then locks up again. What the hech is going on??? I'm on EB01 superclean with voodoo... Also, When I checked to see if voodoo is enabled it says something like:

Voodoo is actually:disabled
enable on next boot

something like that anyways. Well, I checked again after rebooting and it says the same thing, so I hit enable. I had deleted the voodoo file since I last had voodoo installed so that shouldn't be the problem.

Upvote 0
Karib run a quad just to see. If you get around 1500 the ext4 is definitely there, 1000 its rfs. Also voodoo does not make every single operation and app quickly. But the base 2.2.1 experience should be snappy. If you got severe lag it might very well be something else entirely. What launcher do you have? Also check your task manager and see how much stuff is running

Upvote 0
update: just flashed superclean2.1 with voodoo.. no voices again :( any idea why not?

edit: i'm an idiot... i just searched my phone for that damned disable_lagfix file, found one.. just deleted it, and rebooting now!

ok now I'm the one confused ... I flashed to EB01 ... heard the female voice while installing voodoo, quad running at almost 1500 AND I just searched and found the disable_lagfix file ... so in theory shouldn't I be having issues? lol ... knock on wood I am not, SF is running smooth :eek:

When in CW>VooDoo> what are you options? And what are the appropriate settings?

Upvote 0
Karib run a quad just to see. If you get around 1500 the ext4 is definitely there, 1000 its rfs. Also voodoo does not make every single operation and app quickly. But the base 2.2.1 experience should be snappy. If you got severe lag it might very well be something else entirely. What launcher do you have? Also check your task manager and see how much stuff is running

I'm using adw ex, I turned off the screen transitions to see if that helps and it seems to be less laggy now, but I do rememeber that DL30 froze up on me a couple times within the first couple days too. I'm running a quad test now... it says total score is 1785. Whatever that means, lol :rolleyes:

EDIT: tried a different app and my score is 1416

Upvote 0
ok now I'm the one confused ... I flashed to EB01 ... heard the female voice while installing voodoo, quad running at almost 1500 AND I just searched and found the disable_lagfix file ... so in theory shouldn't I be having issues? lol ... knock on wood I am not, SF is running smooth :eek:

When in CW>VooDoo> what are you options? And what are the appropriate settings?
1500 means your voodoo is fine. You can go ahead and delete that disable lagfix file as long as your on voodoo. If you ever try to get off voodoo it will create a new one for you.
I'm using adw ex, I turned off the screen transitions to see if that helps and it seems to be less laggy now, but I do rememeber that DL30 froze up on me a couple times within the first couple days too. I'm running a quad test now... it says total score is 1785. Whatever that means, lol :rolleyes:

EDIT: tried a different app and my score is 1416
karib use the app called spare parts and within it set your windows and animations transitions to fast

Upvote 0
I'm confused. If Voodoo is soooo fast why can't anyone tell if it's on or off just by looking at their phone?

again, voodoo isnt like overclockign your phone....you will notice the benefits/performance increases when using an app/activity that is write intensive...ie the hiccups/lags my phone get when playing baseball superstars on rfs kernels

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones