1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do you make Professional Apps?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by TruthX, Aug 19, 2012.

1. TruthX

TruthX Lurker

1) i already know Java
    2) I already went through about 40 thenewboston's android development videos, so i made a basic app with basic features.

where do i go from here if i want to make good solid apps that could perhaps generate money? any suggestions?

thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

Find a good graphic designer. Someone who can not only make the app look good, but someone who can ensure that your app is easy to use and all tasks can be done with as little amount of work possible from the user.

TruthX likes this.
  3. eworldtech

eworldtech Newbie

Android ICS introduced the Halo theme with guidelines to make sure all android apps have professional look. It makes developers not have to worry too much about app design, look and feel, and concentrate on the functionality. There are a number of guidelines on the android developer site that are worth reading.

As for professional looking icon, you can hire a graphic designer, or buy ready made ones from somewhere like iStock.

TruthX likes this.
  4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

The Holo theme is nice, but a lot of times, the theme just doesn't fit your app. Their design guidelines aren't target so much at making all apps look the same, but ensureing all apps feel the same. Things such as the existence of the action bar, no options menus, etc... With that said, it is still important to have someone who is knowledgeable about user experience, which isn't something that is covered very in depth in Google's design guidelines.

As for icons, Glyphish is a very popular source for icons. Even Google and Apple use them regularly.

Kostas G likes this.