• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you purchase items in the Android Marketplace?

Apps purchased through the market are through Google Checkout. You place a credit card on file with Google and that card is used for all market purchases.

Just a heads up though, I have been using my DI since Tuesday and there is a problem with the DI ROM and the market. Apparently Google has not yet updated the database for the DI and there are many apps that are not showing up, mainly paid and private apps.

Upvote 0
Just curious as to why people dont want to use your regular credit card?:thinking:

i use mine for every single purchase i make even if it is $1 then pay it off every month and get a ton of rewards/cash back on my chase freedom card.... i guess i just figure getting something back for using my card is better than nothing...... i just cashed in my points from maybe three months of charges/ usage to get a $50 rewards check sent to me :)

Upvote 0
Just curious as to why people dont want to use your regular credit card?:thinking:

My main concern is about accidental expensive purchases. A family member accidentally downloaded an Itunes app that cost a few hundred dollars. I got Apple to give a refund. From that point on I said no more billing attached directly to my credit card or bank account via Paypal. I will just use a prepaid visa as earlier suggested.

Upvote 0
VISA GIFT CARD DOES NOT WORK the purchase never authorizes and there is no solution it is terrible
Really? Not sure what issue you had was but I have a prepaid Visa card from Target sitting next me to I've used to purchase several apps with no problem.

Also, to the person asking why not just use a normal CC... numerous $1-$2 charges can get you account frozen as it is a typical test used by criminals to see if the card works. I'm sure its easily taken care of, just a hassle. And I hate having my CC stored... just paranoid I guess but I dont care if they get ahold of my prepaid $25 versus my full, normal CC.

And be exteremly careful using a debit card... that opens your WHOLE bank account should something happen!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones