• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you remove Touchwiz!

Gozer28

Mar 15, 2010
I do not like touchwiz I simply would like to use the stock android 2.1 until 2.2 comes out does anyone know how disable this at all, plus I would like to use some apps in market which causes problems with this touchwiz 3.0. Applauncher pro runs buggy with touchwiz, and for some reason alot of the market apps are missing and does not allow me to download them like I am able to on my N1. Curse this Touchwiz 3.0 crap I want it gone please if anyone knows how I can remove or atleast disable it that would be great, I would like to run other launchers and cant seem to do this really with this Samsung crap launcher ruins everything. Seems like my N1 is just about able to download everything on market.. I shit you not like half the apps I have and like on my n1 are not able to work on my vibrant.. this is so lame and I am very upset about this their has to be a reason, My n1 still runs way faster and smooth with other launchers like app launcher pro compared to this crap touchwiz.

You can't straight up remove it since its in the software. You can however de-touchwizify it a bit by installing either LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher. I like Launcher myself but both work great and give it a more stock look.

Oh my bad, you have tried Launcher Pro.

You can always wait until there is a modded rom for it. Matter of fact I think there is one in a sticky in this forum.

Upvote 0
You can't straight up remove it since its in the software. You can however de-touchwizify it a bit by installing either LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher. I like Launcher myself but both work great and give it a more stock look.

Oh my bad, you have tried Launcher Pro.

You can always wait until there is a modded rom for it. Matter of fact I think there is one in a sticky in this forum.

I have tried both, and I kinda like the TW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones