1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do you stop an app from downloading?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbadwulff, Apr 26, 2011.

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    I mistakenly started downloading an app that has known problems(Word With Friends). I hit Airplane mode to stop all connections. The app was relentless in trying to download. It never stopped(even though it couldn't). I waited a LONG time figuring it would give up but it didn't. So when I turned 3G back on it finished downloading.
    I even turned my phone off twice, figuring that would sever the process. It did not.
    I tried a long hold on the download in the notifications, figuring it would give an option to stop it....nothing.
    How do you stop this?

EDIT: Even though the app downloaded, it shows it isn't on my phone when I go to the Market. Maybe the old version is still on my phone(which is fine with me because it actually works.)

Strange.

Advertisement

2. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
    BigBad, the best way to stop a download is to hold your phone under water for a few minutes.LOL

I've never been abole to stop a download. I usually let it download then delete it.

3. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    NYC
    yeah, easiest solution is to just let it download then delete it. Very simple.

4. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    IOWA
    i dont know if this is the answer your looking for but when i download something and change my mind in the mist of downloading it i click on it in the market like i would be downloading it and where it says download there will be a cancel button while its downloading and click cancel and it stops

hope that made sense lol

also if you have downloaded something and dont want to update it if you go to the market and look at it there will be a option to stop automatic updates( if its check then it updates automaticly if its unchecked then it wont)