1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support How do you STOP the phone app on a Fascinate from blanking the screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AZgl1500, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Okay,

I have been reading everything I can find to try and STOP the damn phone app screen from going blank every 2 seconds.

I can't even finish entering the number I want to dial. Worse, I can't get the screen to stay on long enough to enter the extension to a PBX system.

I have Screenbl and NoLock installed, that at least makes the screen return in 2 seconds. Then 2 seconds later it goes blank again, over and over and over and .....

Maddening I tell you. Surely someone has a glimmer of an idea why Samsung thought the screen should blank out?

I have the Screen Display delay set for 10 minutes and that did not stop it either.

Any ideas out there? I am ready to throw this POS in the trash and go back to my old Samsung SWAY. At least that could be used as a telephone.

IMO, these things are just toys if they can't be made to do the primary job intended. I already own several computers, I didn't need another one. It just came free in the Verizon package last week. So at least, I am not out any money on this damn thing.

Wishful thinking, or is there a way to stop that phone app from going to sleep?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

Forgot to mention that I tried Keepscreen and selected the Dialer and Phone.

No effect, so uninstalled that one.

This is completely asinine. what idiot designed that phone application?

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Moving to Fascinate forum

4. Aravindan

Aravindan Member

Use the SCREEN ON app from the market. Enable that and select phone dialer, contacts etc (whatever apps when used, you want the screen to remain lit)

This should solve your problem! :)

5. AZgl1500

Update:

ScreenBl has updated their app, I have put it back on and it is working fine.

Thanks all.