1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do you stop the phone from turning bright randomly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gmoney5588, Dec 24, 2011.

1. gmoney5588

gmoney5588 Member

my phone keeps turning extremely bright all of sudden, and I was wondering how to stop it.it usually happens when the battery is low, but it does that randomly also

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member

Might be on auto brightness.

If you go into Menu>Settings>Display>Brightness, you can see whether it is set to auto or some other level

3. jslanger

jslanger Member

Actually, this is a documented bug...when the battery level gets low, it bumps up to high brightness for some unknown (at least to me!) reason. If you change it from auto brightness and then back on, it'll dim correctly again. But its been around for a while from what I've heard. Unfortunately I don't think there is a fix currently.

4. gmoney5588

gmoney5588 Member

no...I have auto brightness off I don't know what it is, it's really annoying

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

When you have auto brightness and adjust screen to save power both off you should not see fluctuation

Menu.settings.display for both selections

Also check menu.power saving mode and ensure it is off

Other than that the only other setting is browser brightness

Accessed while the stock browser is open

Press menu.brightness

6. red30

red30 Newbie

The web browser also has a brightness feature and for some reason it overrides the master brightness settings.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews